• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My custom external watercooling case....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shootingblanks

went to lowes and purchased the following materials:
-3/4" alluminum angle for the frame
-1/8" thick lexan
-silicon
-1/8 rivits

necessary tools:
-'blind pop-riviter'
-scrollsaw or bandsaw with a 24TPI or finer blade
-drill
-1/8" drill bit

The first thing I did was measured my cases current length and width. I then cut 4 pieces of the alluminum angle to the necessary length. I then took consideration for the width of the pieces of alluminum angle for the sides and deducted this when measuring the pieces for the width pieces for my external case. This will make the exterior case fit flush with the current case. I then measured four pieces of alluminum angle to the desired height I wanted for the external case. I then proceded to cut all the pieces of alluminum angle.
After all the cuts I filed all the edges nice and smooth. Then I drilled a 1/8" hole in each corner of the alluminum angle and pop rivited all the sections together. Since my case is going to be bottom mounted I decided I didnt want to pop rivit the topside of this external case so it will not scratch the bottom of my Kingwing case. I will drill a hole in each corner on the bottom and equip a led case feet in each corner. I am in the process of cutting the lexan to equip all the bottom, top, and sides of this case. I will pop rivit all the sides with lexan to the case. I will use sheet metal screws for the topside of this external case so I can get to the internal watercooling components. I will use silicon to seal the case so it is air tight. In the rear of the external case I will equip it with two 1/2" barbs fastened on the lexan with a plastic lock nut tightnened down on the male threads. Then I will fasten two 1/2" female dual open connector onto each fastened barbs. Then I will thread a 1/2 " barb on each of the other female end.
I will construct a shroud out of 22 gauge steel to equip two 120mm fans on the 77' bonneville heatercore. Was planning on mounting this on the side of external case by drilling about five holes on the top and bottom where the heatercore will be mounted. Plan on cutting up 20 small rubber pads, and placing a automotive zip tie thru on rubber pad and running zip tie thru fins of heatercore and placing another rubber pad between heatercore and lexan and putting the end of zip tie thru the small hole I drilled in lexan. Then I will take another zip tie on locking end and thread the zip tie to it locks in place. Excess zip tie will be cut and I will seal hole in lexan with silicon. I will do this to all 16-20 holes in lexan to mount heatercore. Then I will mount the shroud on heatercore and seal with silicon.
Was going to go with Swiftech MCP600 Rev.2 12v pump, Danger Den TDX CPU Block,, Maze 4 for GPU Block, Danger Den Single (5 1/4) Bay Reservoir, and 10 ft. of Tygon tubing.
Will paint the alluminum angle black to match my Kingwin 424 case. Any advice and suggestions would greatly be appreciated.
Special thanks goes to DOHCrazy for the design and assistance in building this external case, and thanks to Weapon for the help with my 77' bonneville heatercore.

Attachments

• extbox0001.jpg
    extbox0001.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:
Picture%20024.jpg

looks familliar :p

Back