• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

everyone's going external!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

VballCoach

external%201.jpg
external%202.jpg
external%203.jpg

sorry about the blurry pics...need more light....
found this NEC case in the trash and it fits just nicely. cut it down to size. getting 2-342 rad with dual sunons. my Antec 430 is going in it and I'm putting an 80mm led in its place in my Sonata. should give me much more room in my case with pump, rad and psu in external. I wanted to be able to disconnect it easily also. will be putting window in the external also. and 3.5" fan bus for the Sunons. I'll paint it all to match my sonata.:attn:

VballCoach

That little case is perfect. I can think of so many things to do with it. Guess I'll have to start digging in the trash, lol

just out of curoisty why did you go with flare fittings to barbred fittings

the case was a mid tower and I cut it in half. I re-riveted the bottom after cutting. I wish it was that small when I found it. It's the perfect width. It's just over 8". My Sonata is 8" wide.
I'm using the flares cause come winter the external goes back in the closet to make use of the cold weather. I wanted to be able to disconnect the system easily and not have to keep cutting hoses.

Back