• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooling the VGA...only the VGA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sjaak

Watercooling the VGA and NB - ideas?

I got my 9800pro yesterday, flashed it to XT. It can clock very high (2.8ns hynix chips :)), but its running way too hot. Im thinking of buying a small WC setup, just for the videocard. CPU WC isnt needed.

Looked around some internet shops and found these:

datac.jpg

http://www.eynstein.nl/Artikel.php?ID=2878

small internal (one-bay) watercooling, bit expensive, dont know if it will mount on the VGA

coolriver425.jpg

http://atro.nl//product_info.php?products_id=2807

i can pick this kit, take the CPU block out of it and use it to cool my NB and VGA...bit expensive, but it should cool much better because of the large rad. Copper blocks etc, nice quality.

There is also some cheap (80€_ q-tek internal thing for sale at a pc shop here. Dont know if it will fit, and its cooling capacity will be limited.

I am willing to spend a max of 125€. A kit like the recom coolriver above here should do, but does anyone else know some stuff like it? I am new to watercooling, and want to keep it as easy as possible, a closed circuit would be nice for the maintenance, but it should also be capable of cooling the VGA and NB (together 70 watts).

any input appreciated - tia

Sjaak said:
I got my 9800pro yesterday, flashed it to XT. It can clock very high (2.8ns hynix chips :)), but its running way too hot. Im thinking of buying a small WC setup, just for the videocard. CPU WC isnt needed.

Looked around some internet shops and found these:

small internal (one-bay) watercooling, bit expensive, dont know if it will mount on the VGA

i can pick this kit, take the CPU block out of it and use it to cool my NB and VGA...bit expensive, but it should cool much better because of the large rad. Copper blocks etc, nice quality.

There is also some cheap (80€_ q-tek internal thing for sale at a pc shop here. Dont know if it will fit, and its cooling capacity will be limited.

I am willing to spend a max of 125€. A kit like the recom coolriver above here should do, but does anyone else know some stuff like it? I am new to watercooling, and want to keep it as easy as possible, a closed circuit would be nice for the maintenance, but it should also be capable of cooling the VGA and NB (together 70 watts).

any input appreciated - tia

what don't u just buy the parts along with a small radiator like a black ice micro or black ice pro. this will leave u with the option to customize. Its also very easy if its just going to be NB and GPU, serious, i had a harder time making stuff with legos then installing my first watercooling setup.

Korndog said:
serious, i had a harder time making stuff with legos then installing my first watercooling setup.

lol..i used to be lego fanatic...this is gonna be peanuts :santa:

Well, sounds like an idea. All i need is the smallest rad and pump i can find, and a VGA block. I'll go look for it tomorrow, 2:19 now and im way tired.

Back