• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How is this kit?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hkh

I have been looking at kits and alot of them have some really cool options like shutting down the computer if the fans stop and stuff, I have just found a kit made by swifttech one of the good things that I like about this is that it allows you to buy any other parts and not just there stuff. I was looking at either the (H20) 22600™"EXTREME" SERIES LIQUID COOLING KITS or the H20-8600™ SERIES LIQUID COOLING KITS

http://www.swiftnets.com/

I don't even have to look at the link- I think Swiftech is excellent, period.
My first system was a kit from Swiftech and it served me well- pump and rad are still in use although I wrecked the block when I melted one of my systems. :D (Experiments with very low temperatures.....)

I won't hesitate to say that any kit from Swiftech will be good.
There are compromises made though: you spend a bit more money and perhaps get slightly lower performance than you might get picking your own components..
But you also get a system that WILL work well, don't have to buy from 5 different companies, and have a vendor that stands behind their products 100%.

Edit- I looked at the link anyway. ;)

That rad looks like the one I still have. :)

It looks to me like either would be a good choice, although the radiators probably are the weakest points.
My radiators of choice are heater cores- either big ones that take dual 120mm fans, or the common Chevette core.

But as I said, I am still using my slim dual 120mm Swiftech radiator: excellent unit and does a serviceable job in all the systems it has been in- 4 so far.
It is a bit harder to find a place to put it than the small rad would be, but performance should be a bit better....there is that word "compromise" again. ;)

Last edited:
Go with the 22600. It's a killer setup. The 8600 will work well, but I'd suggest you buy and additional 80mm rad for that one.

Yeah, try to get it with the MCW6002 block and see if you can get it without the radiator. Regardless, I recomend you buy a heatercore and use it (in conjunction w/the kit's rad or alone)

That rad is teh limiting factor in that kit. Plus its expensive and restrictive.

Back