• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pump?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

henrylee1217

Registered
I'm new to water cooling and I am looking for parts to buy piece by piece.

How is a Eheim 1250 @ $70.00 using AC? Or is there a better pump with more bang for pump. It pumps 317 GPH with a 6ft 7in head. Whats kind of tube do I use with it i see 3/4 and 1/2 I don't know which one is THE ONE.

henrylee1217 said:
I'm new to water cooling and I am looking for parts to buy piece by piece.

How is a Eheim 1250 @ $70.00 using AC? Or is there a better pump with more bang for pump. It pumps 317 GPH with a 6ft 7in head. Whats kind of tube do I use with it i see 3/4 and 1/2 I don't know which one is THE ONE.

Might as well get Swiftech MCP600 for that price.

daniel_dynasty said:
danner mag 3. around the same price. better efficency smaller size
its about 50 bucks shipped and OWNZ the ehiem with the extra pressure.
BUT ehiem is better quality.. german enginnering :)

I'm doing the same research, here's my findings:

Mag 3 ($40): Best bang for the buck, hands down. Can be for for $40 online. Down side is that some same it's a fairly noisy pump compared to the compitition. If noise is not a real issue, here's your pump. Some have had problems with the barbs leaking, but if your careful, most are fine.

Ehiem 1250 ($70): Quality, solid performing pump, been around the block, and most love there's. It's is quiet, but a tad larger than some pumps, if that matters.

Hydor L35 ($50): New kid on the block, L20/25/30's are getting shaky reviews among watercoolers, don't buy the previous models. The L35 is the newest which is similar to the L30, but is more efficient, uses less energy, and is said to be fairly quiet. If this pump lasts and doesn't leak, it's the pump I'll be getting.

Swifty 600 ($70-80?): Similar to Ehiem, quiet, tested, quality. This pump has a very high overhead, and less flow, so the only reason I'd buy this pump is if I were using restrictive or multiple blocks. (Or if I could find it cheaper)

I'm personally looking at the Hydor L35. If it gets good reviews, it's the best bang for the buck for my needs. I'm looking for a cheap and quiet pump for a cpu and vga block.

Where are you getting your prices on the Eheim 1250, there are quite a few places selling it for around the $58-$60 mark. If you are talking about shipping it would be around $70 or so. The Swifty is $85 on their website and that is before shipping.

Just my comments only.

The MCP 600 is a superb pump. A good amount of pressure and power, a tiny size, very quiet operation, and a 12V motor make it ideal for computer watercooling. If you're starting out it's an even better choice, because it can easily handle multiple blocks, leaving you plenty of room for future additions, and expansion of your water later on.

Pressure is far more important for waterblock performance then flow rate is, especially with impingement blocks, like the RBX and WW. A High-flow pump isn't a good choice for watercooling if it doesn't have a high head pressure.

themodguy said:
Where are you getting your prices on the Eheim 1250, there are quite a few places selling it for around the $58-$60 mark. If you are talking about shipping it would be around $70 or so. The Swifty is $85 on their website and that is before shipping.

Just my comments only.

Yes, your correct, a couple of those were just ballpark figures from a couple places I looked into.

Yeah, but I hear it's kinda loud... Cyrix_2k

Link is to another post in the forums then to another link to a review of the dd d4 pump. Theu have a sound bite you can take a ear to also. And you can adjust the V to it to lower the sound if its too loud, but then you reduce the pumps power....

DD review

Best price ive found it for so far $68.95 :cry: at the link below.

DD 12v

did you here that "whine" in the sound clip? That's what makes this pump annoying. The MCP600 should be MUCH quieter, but quiet is a matter of opinion.

squeakygeek said:
not really.
then define quiet... I have already stated my opinion. One person may think the MCP600 is loud while another will say it's dead silent. IMO, quiet IS a matter of opinion.

Cyrix_2k said:
then define quiet... I have already stated my opinion. One person may think the MCP600 is loud while another will say it's dead silent. IMO, quiet IS a matter of opinion.

This is correct. When asking whether or not the MCP600 is quiet or not is completely opinion. However, when asking if the MCP600 is louder or quieter than the D4, it is simply a matter of fact. One is louder than the other. Opinion does not enter into the equation. It's like asking which car is faster, mine or yours. I beat you in a race, and I say mine is faster, but you say that's just my opinion :p

did you here that "whine" in the sound clip? That's what makes this pump annoying. The MCP600 should be MUCH quieter, but quiet is a matter of opinion.

Back