• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Troubles with my V1100B... need help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

toorude

Registered
Ok so ya I assumed that being a Lian Li case everything inside would be removable, I got my case in today and whatta ya know everything is bolted together except the fans, doors and few of the grates. This poses a major problem for my watercooling mods I had planned to make once I got the case and gutted it. So heres my question, because most of the parts inside are bolted with unthreaded screws capped off or the ends are wrapped with a bit of metal, whats the best way to remove them. Drill through them / cut around them / what tools to use etc. here are pics of the case. My plan if you can visualize, was to remove the left harddrive bays, then cut into the divider to make room for a dual BIX to go vertically into the door, so basically the bottom of the radiator would be close to the bottom of the case and would go up and behind part of the 5.25 bays. then the pump could be right where the floppy drive is. I dont want to put the BIX in the top of my case its been done too much and frankly I like the heat to rise out of my case through 2 low rpm 40mm fans and to have my radiators low to the case where cold air is being pulled in by the front 120 on this case, my last resort would be to place it in the top. Any help is greatly appreciated

It looks like they still use rivets. Just drill em out, it's easy. You'll be needing a 1/8" drill bit. Just press the drill gradually till it the rivet break.

Last edited:
alright lol thanks its too late and I sat here thinking... what the hell are those things called... thanks so once I do that just hit up home depot for replacements?

Oh ya, if you don't have a rivet gun, you'll need one. About 15 bucks at Home Depot and pick up a box of rivets which should be a few bucks.

wow that cheap... thanks alot, and off topic but how do u like your ram and what are the timings you have it at, I have everything except the ram so far, 2.8c / ic7-g was looking at the geil 4000 but jeez bad timings its 2.5 but 4-4-8 just doesnt do it for me heh

you dont really need to drill them out. Just take a wedge or a slim flat screwdriver and wedge it against the rivet and hit the wedge with a hammer. I was able to break the rivet ends off mine pretty easily, its not quite as pretty, but free!

I forgot to mention im clumsy as hell, so usually holding something and bashing it with something else causes me to hurt myself. Once the water cooling is done in this case its only the beginning this case is actually going to be used to include a gamecube which is going to be torn apart and spread out to different parts of the case (Ive been modding gamecubes for a while so I figured itd be nice to have one built into my next computer. I will do photo journal of it. that means every time I hurt myself Ill take pictures of the injury.

You don't have to rivet it back together either you can use nuts and bolts once you get the rivets off. That way you can take it apart again if you need to.

toorude, can you tell me the distance from bottom of the case, to the horizontal separator ? I need the *minimum* distance (i.e. where the separator is closer to the bottom). Ah i need a precise measurement if possible ;) thanx

for this case I will be useing a 120 in the back which will take care of exhausting most of the heat, but for small amounts of trapped air that may rise to the top im going to use 2 40s that im cutting into the top, im setting them to run real low, all they need to do is let the excess heat rise out of the case.
Surefoot its exactly 4 1/2 inches from the floor of the case to the lowest point of the divider.

oh ya just to let you know there are plates that cover vents in the floor of the case that are on risers so that they sit just under approx 1/4 inch. the plates are centered 2 inches in on each side, hope that helps

Back