• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

switched to fedco 2-342 now everything messed up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

netboy

Registered
Ok everyone, i switched from my chevette HC to the fedco 2-342 and now my my temps are like 54C idle no overclock, stock volt. On the chevette i had 1 ys-tech fan pulling(it moved some serious air) now on the feco i got 2 enermax adjustables (uc-12fab-b) pulling at max rpm. Oh and i also removed the gpu block. ive been up all night trying to figure this one out, ive tried diffent tubing configurations all ending up with same result. so i went from bigger hc, took out the gpu block now my temps are worse ever. ONLY thing i can thing of is the fact that switched to nozzle 2 on my rbx which has the widest mouth. ??? Think this can do cause so much problems? or are my fans not moving enough air? They really quite but seems to be moving a good amount with the two of them. I am one confused and ****ed dude....any help, any input whatsoever would be greatly appreciated. I was going to build another shroud for to push air in and use the ys fan, but that sob is too loud.

k swapped nozzle 2 back to 5....temps are now better, 50c under load, no overclock....this still isnt right.

go back to the chevette and see if your temps drop

if they do then its the radiator

not all heatercores are good stuff, some of them might have either debris stuck in em' or just simply ablocked passage somewhere, or some kinda corrosion, or a clog or something

try flushing the radiator both ways after you know its the radiator, it might be

flush the radiator with regular white vinegar to get rid of any flux residue that might be contaminating your water.

Also - if you have a resevoir, how does your flow look? if there's been a huge drop in flow you may be able to tell.

I'm thinking there is air trapped in the core. When I first filled my JR-120, I thought I got all of the air out. When I would shake it I could still hear water sloshing around. After a lot of tipping, and shaking it like crazy I got all of the air out. Maybe water is only flowing down a few channels in your Fedco.

whats a TIM and i flushed the core for like 30 min hot water and mild soap.....i shook the core around and i dont hear any air moving around.

Oh i just use a litle AS5 then use my credit card to scrape it over and make it flast with my credit card.

50c with the gpu block and my proc overclocked to 2.5ghz....it is stock now

my thumbs are really starting to hurt from pulling this rbx on and off so much

Back