• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what if i?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lilneel12

i just read the thread on refridgerating the reseviour and i was wondering what if i just took the fan off of the radiator(i have a jr-120) and got a container of ice and just put the radiator in ice? i would think that this would make a good difference, cause the radiator cools the water and if the radiator is ice cold, then it would cool the water a bit.

o i c. but the rad in ice is a good idea...OHH i kno!!!!!!!!
heres da thing. cut ur fridge to have to little holes comin in/out on the side. hook up ur rad to the pipes n WALA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! like a pelt but way less performace but better than a reg rad!

yea, the radiator in the fridge is a good idea, yea, the only problem is the melting of the ice. i tried doing it, but i didn't have enough tubiing connected to bring my radiator completely out of my case and actually lay it in the container full of ice. i put the bottom tanks into the ice, but that only made like a 1C difference if anything. but when i get a chance i will redo the tubing and completely cover the radiator in ice.

Back