• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Series or parallel?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CAPiTA

Do you think it would be best to go series or parallel with my setup? I'm planning to have a TDX (XP) and a Maze 4 GPU block, all with 1/2" fittings. The pump will be a MCP600 hooked up to a 5 1/4 res, along with a BIX2.

Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply. I was guessing that there would be too much pressure drop, so I guess this proves it.

The MCP600 has quite a steep PQ curve is why I said no doubt but with a pump that has a flatter curve I dont think it would matter as much depending on the whole systems resistance. I have been considering adding a 2nd MCP to my system but cant figure which way would actually give me better flow through my block, running them in parrallel or series, with a higher flow pump I am sure series would be best but with the lower flow but good pressure of the MCP I am not sure.

well series weill give better flow witch=better temps, and parallel splits the flow in 2 taking flow away from the CPU witch needs as much as it can get. now if it were a 3 barb block(RBX) then you could run in series parallel by using one of the outlets to a gpu and the other to a NB block then y them back. but thats only in a 3 block setup. gl with it all man. btw keep an eye on that res, some like to give out.

thegame said:
well series weill give better flow witch=better temps, and parallel splits the flow in 2 taking flow away from the CPU witch needs as much as it can get. now if it were a 3 barb block(RBX) then you could run in series parallel by using one of the outlets to a gpu and the other to a NB block then y them back. but thats only in a 3 block setup. gl with it all man. btw keep an eye on that res, some like to give out.

Like this? Only using the res as the Y.

1c73.jpg

Water flow is analogous to electric; more water will flow along the path of least resistance if the blocks are in parallel. Thus you’ll get less cooling in the block with more resistance (pressure drop). For this reason, I’ve always gone serial.

Ancient_1 said:
Like this? Only using the res as the Y.

1c73.jpg

Nope. I was thinking of getting some Y Fittings but forget that. I'm going to go series.

yes what i was talking about is the way that pic is. see if you cool you chipset with water it dont really need all to much flow they dont get as hot as the cpu and gpu.

Back