• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DangerDen RBX outlet question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LV38_Eagle

Registered
With the DangerDen RBX, rather than using the Y connector to bring both return pipes back together, could I just run one ‘exhaust’ to the Maze4 on the Northbridge, and the other exhaust to the Maze4 on the GPU, then run both return feeds straight to the reservoir? I don’t clock my card much, and the Northbridge doesn’t get to hot, (does it?).

I was just thinking I could tidy up my pipework a little using this method, is it feasible, or would the pressure/flow loss cause problems for the Maze blocks?

Thanks in advance.

LV38_Eagle said:
With the DangerDen RBX, rather than using the Y connector to bring both return pipes back together, could I just run one ‘exhaust’ to the Maze4 on the Northbridge, and the other exhaust to the Maze4 on the GPU, then run both return feeds straight to the reservoir? I don’t clock my card much, and the Northbridge doesn’t get to hot, (does it?).

I was just thinking I could tidy up my pipework a little using this method, is it feasible, or would the pressure/flow loss cause problems for the Maze blocks?

Thanks in advance.

That is the way I run mine.

1c73.jpg

Not that I can tell. I figure that .5+ GPM go through those blocks which shopuld be plenty to cool them, At most I would guess I get an extrz 2°c higher temp on my GPU/NB which shouldnt really make that much difference.

No, and the reduced restriction on the outlet of the RBX, by having both returns going back to the reservoir, ‘might’ even improve performance on the CPU cooling by a small amount.

Back