• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hydor L30 too warm??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Maverick1707

Registered
Hi,

I got an Hydor L30. I built a test loop with just tubing and the pump to test how dificult it would be to get rid of bubbles using a T line for bleeding/filling.

Well after 2-3 hours working, I touched the pump and it was warm like hell. Also the tube was warm so I decided to check the water temp and it was 41ºC.

It's my first watercooling experience so I don't know if that's normal. Of course that it's just pump+tubing with NO radiator but I didn't expect the pump to warm the water that much. When I build the whole loop I will have the rad. getting the water cooler but also a CPU and a GPU warming it. So should I expect the water to be cooler than those 41ºC once the loop is complete and computer on?

Thx

The pump will continually dump couple watts of heat into it, without a radiator to cool it, the water will not reduce in temperature. Instead, it will continually rise (up to a certain point of course). I wouldn't bother with the temps until you test the loop with the radiator.

The European version runs a little hotter than the us or asian models, 27w, so it gets warm.

Maverick1707 said:
Hi,

I got an Hydor L30. I built a test loop with just tubing and the pump to test how dificult it would be to get rid of bubbles using a T line for bleeding/filling.

Well after 2-3 hours working, I touched the pump and it was warm like hell. Also the tube was warm so I decided to check the water temp and it was 41ºC.

It's my first watercooling experience so I don't know if that's normal. Of course that it's just pump+tubing with NO radiator but I didn't expect the pump to warm the water that much. When I build the whole loop I will have the rad. getting the water cooler but also a CPU and a GPU warming it. So should I expect the water to be cooler than those 41ºC once the loop is complete and computer on?

Thx

Back