• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Danner Mag2 is leaking...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sandman001

Just Freeze It
Alright, so my Mg2 started leaking this morning. I take it apart, and replace the O-ring, then, I try another O-ring, then I try them both. Leaks in all 3 configs.

So, I stripped one of the screw threads that mount the front part of the pump to the main part. I rigged up a fix for that, but I need to make it stop leaking. Right now I'm running it submerged, but this is far from permanent.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Assuming I can't fix it, would a mag3 or two via aqua 1300's in series work better?

I am always wondering why any one that water cools would opt to buy the cheapest pumps ? It has eluded me that every psu ., ram , hard drive ect is always a top of the line name eather being ran or suggested,,But add water and the skimping on the most important part becomes acceptable ? ? ? Geta MCP600 Rev2 and end the problems...

I haven't heard anything good about the Via's, I'd stay away. Mag 3's are good, but can be noisy from what I've heard. It's also highly reccomended you use plastic barbs on the Mag 3 as not to break the inlet/outlet.

A friend of mine had the Mag 2 that leaked, we were able to fix it by ditching the O-ring and wrapping alot of teflon tape around where the oring normally sits, its been holding like this no leaks for over a year.. Now that I think about it i cant remember if we left the O-ring on and then wrapped it all with teflon or if we took it off, just know that the teflon tape trick worked great. Been to long to remember the details, LOL...

Good Luck

diehrd said:
I am always wondering why any one that water cools would opt to buy the cheapest pumps ? It has eluded me that every psu ., ram , hard drive ect is always a top of the line name eather being ran or suggested,,But add water and the skimping on the most important part becomes acceptable ? ? ? Geta MCP600 Rev2 and end the problems...

Because I'm broke, and don't see the point of buying an $80 pump to do a job that a $35 pump can do just as well. Plus, I don't really the 12V power source. I think it would make filling and bleeding much more difficult.

I had a via aqua 1300, and while not perfect, it was a trooper.

sandman001 said:
Because I'm broke, and don't see the point of buying an $80 pump to do a job that a $35 pump can do just as well. Plus, I don't really the 12V power source. I think it would make filling and bleeding much more difficult.

I had a via aqua 1300, and while not perfect, it was a trooper.

I simply can not understand that way of thinking..Look at your sig and then tell anyone that a budget pump is all you need or can afford..Spend 74.00 and get better cooling and a 100 times better pump..

I personally would not risk a great system to a pump that leaked or had the stability built in to support a fish tank filter LMAO...Get A PC pump for your PC and stop the chaos with leaks and failures...By the way because it is made for a P/C it draws less then a hard drive using a tiny 9watts of power....

I don't really think MCP600's are all that reliable, and are somewhat overpriced.

I would prefer a Laing D4 personally, but I won't get either because I don't have the money.

If someone can recomend a Better deal than the Mag3, or a way to fix the Mag2, I would greatly appreciate it.

Last edited:
Ok I was just driving home a pont not to you solely but to members that use cheap pumps on a top of the line set up..It just makes little sense, it is like building a super computer only to save things to thousands of floppy disks instead of getting a bigger hard drive or DVD burner.lmfao..

I see what you're saying, but I really do not have the money for it. Otherwise I would go higher-end. I agree with you, I geuss I'm just really frustrated with this whole situation. As soon as I get it all working well, my pump leaks. Makes me wanna go buy a nice SLK heatsink.....Grrr...

Sorry if I came across as a jerk.

No ya did not I was more the jerk..but I was trying to make a point ...And I think it is a real point because I see in no other section people suggesting less then the top of the line EXCEPT with water pumps..And I am simply stumped because there is not one part of a water system more important then the pump....

So if it is about money i would pop on a heatsink cut a few lawns or something and get me a great pump...

Back