• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Im a bit lost. (WC setup already in tact and running)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[AK]Zip

This is about system 2 in my sig. I have a WC setup on that server computer and it goes Pump > CPU > Video > Radiator > Fill & Bleed >Pump. Here is my problem. Temps used to be just fine with this same setup and now im sitting here reinstalling winxp after trying win2003 server (and now liking it). I touch the radiator and it feels warm to me. Also I can only imagine how warm the cpu is. My question is why. I didn't have this problem earlier. It wouldn't go over 45*C full load running prime and when installing winxp I know for a fact it has probably reached into the 50's. The radiator has 2 fans on it in a push pull configuration. Also is it better to have the radiator after the pump or after the 2 water blocks? Is that my configuration not working well for the AMD system or because it radiator is too small to take away all that heat being produced. Input would be great.

-Alex-

The radiator should be warm because it is disapating the heat have you ever felt a car one :) anyway maybe you need to clean it out? new water?

no, the temp difference in and out of the radiator is maybe 1 celcius if even, (more like 0.5C)

the cpu block should follow the pump for the highest pressure and flow (and therefore drop after hit)

so right after the pump should be the two blocks, and then the radiator and then the resevoir if you have one

fafnir said:
so right after the pump should be the two blocks, and then the radiator and then the resevoir if you have one

Thats how my setup is. I am just guessing that since its summer time the small radiator doesn't have enough time to cool down. I will be going and picking up a HC.

-Alex-

thorilan said:
this doesnt make any sense puting those in the same sentance.
do some tests and verify facts first

I say that because I have my bios to warn me for when my CPU gets into the 50's and the speaker started going off. I will be making another radiator so no problems. This thread can be now closed.

-Alex-

Back