• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Setup: What do you think?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

questdream

Registered
i've been a member here for a while now and have seen many kool seutps, read many tutorials and drooled over many pics. I have finally get my own WC system up and running and would like to know what you think. Its been a quite a bit of work and mainly a great deal of fun minus that blasted NB fan falling of and killing my AIW 9800(was replaced... all hail ATI). Thanks to all who have writtenf info and tutorials for others to read.

Catch the pics here http://bluzytrix.no-ip.org

Intel P4 2.6C
Abit IC7-G
AIW 9800 Pro
36GB WD Raptor
512 Corsair XMS Platinum
D-Tek WW
Tygon
D-Tek Rad
1250 Eheim

A little confused on the temps. Digi-Doc 5 says 28c now, but bios reads 38C.

Question, where are the probes for the digi doc located? The didgidoc probe can only read the surface temp of what ever object it may be affixed to. If you do have one attached to the cpu then you will be reading the surface temp of the cpu. There may be a 10 degree or more difference between the core of the cpu (which is what the bios is reading ) and the surface temp of the cpu. Also, what temp you may be reading on the surface of the cpu can depend upon the mounting location and it may also be affected by airflow to some extent.

Almost forgot, the system looks good.

Last edited:
So the sensor is place right on the side of the porc.

Water setup: D-tek WW, tygon, dtek shroud and 1200mm fan and rad, custom built black pvc res

questdream said:
So the sensor is place right on the side of the porc.

Water setup: D-tek WW, tygon, dtek shroud and 1200mm fan and rad, custom built black pvc res

Then given that the sensor is on the surface of the cpu, that accounts for the difference in the temps shown in the bios and what is displayed by the DigiDoc.

Back