• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Cooling n00b question...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

doy

Hi everyone.... i´m new in this water cooling thing, and i was just wondering how you guys manage condensation?? If you have a tube filled with cool water that goes to a radiator inside your computer, i think the little drops of water in the surface represent a problem... Thanks for your help...

I dont think condensation is a problem with water cooling unless your using chilled water/pelts etc.

edit: water cooling is a closed loop so no water should be evaporating in the case.

Condensation is when the water inside is cooler than air temp so the moisture in the air condenses. Unless you use chilled water, that wont be happening -- even if the laws of physics were broken the only place cool enough for condensation to form would be the rad, and that aint guna be dripping on anything...

If you're really that bothered, get a de-humidifier.

~t0m

doy said:
Hi everyone.... i´m new in this water cooling thing, and i was just wondering how you guys manage condensation?? If you have a tube filled with cool water that goes to a radiator inside your computer, i think the little drops of water in the surface represent a problem... Thanks for your help...
Yah, no condensation is going to form unless the water is cooler than the surrounding air.

BTW, When I ran ice-water w/salt (~-4 degrees farenhiet), The condensation left on my tubing after a half-hour of use wasn't enough to start dripping. You really have nothing to worry about :)

Back