• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quick corrosion question: Dtec Pro Core & MCW6002

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No, brass and copper will not corrode with each other and considering the MCW6002 is an "all copper construction", the the two items will not corrode, however, I can't speak about other items in your loop, if your GPU/NB block has aluminum, I still recommend antifreeze or a corrosion inhibitor.

Have you considered using Water Wetter? If you are unsure as to the other components in your system then Water Wetter helps lower corrosion, and it will lower your temps as well.

M_N

I think most people would agree with me that the general concensus is that antifreeze works better than water wetter in terms of residues clogging jet impingement style blocks, stains on tubing, etc.

Yeah, from what I read, waterwetter aint that great. It's a holdover from when we were still researching what is "best" for watercooling.

Sp00L, if you want to stick with copper+brass water coolling, but you want to cool a GPU, use the fusionHL. Its a copper base with a brass top. I use it with a whitewater, and no antifreeze. It's been this way for around 5 months, zero corrosion. All I have is a little green automotive leaktest dye for color ;)

klath said:
I think most people would agree with me that the general concensus is that antifreeze works better than water wetter in terms of residues clogging jet impingement style blocks, stains on tubing, etc.

you forgot about the smell
oh god does it smell..

I'll keep that in mind. I've also read that a few people are using windshield washer fluid instead of anitfreeze or the Zerex RC fluid. Thanks for the advice. Everything will be here tomorrow.

Back