• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

320w peltier disclaimer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JFettig

Hey! I showered! Senior
Hey guys, after exchanging a few emails with the guy selling these on ebay, the "245-320 watt" peltiers, if the hot side is at 50c it will dissipate 320 watts, but if its under that it will dissipate less, at 25c it will only dissipate 245watts. Its not much of a gain over the 226 watt peltiers.

So basicly, they arent quite as great as it seemed.

Jon

Strange, I thought that as the hotside temperature increased, efficiency started to drop at a fairly alarming rate, did this guy sound like he was certain about what he was talking about? I'm not doubting you, it just sounds very strange.

I would think that most people see hotside temperatures around or above 50C anyways, it would take a feat of watercooling expertise to get your 226W peltier hotside down to room temperature ;).

I knew all along that there was probably something fishy with them, but his language still does not give a solid description of the product... I want "qmax=X, vmax=Y", ect. Does he mean the qmax changes with hotside temp? He might, but that's not what he said. How do we know that the qmax change with hotside temp isn't as severe with our 226 watt peltiers? How much do we really know about them?

the efficiency going up is correct, i have seen a 100c deltaT before, that is with a REALLY hot hot side, a waterblock without any water actually. joemac did it at proforums.
I don't think its fishy, well it is somewhat deceiving though, if he woudl point that out it would help.

I bet pelts stay about 40c on the hot side aproximately when fully loaded.

Jon

JFettig said:
the efficiency going up is correct, i have seen a 100c deltaT before, that is with a REALLY hot hot side, a waterblock without any water actually. joemac did it at proforums.
I don't think its fishy, well it is somewhat deceiving though, if he woudl point that out it would help.

I bet pelts stay about 40c on the hot side aproximately when fully loaded.

Jon

I guess whether or not it's fishy depends on your definition of fishy

Ok I bought one of these as the one I purchased from danger den fizzled cause they did not seal it properly and I did not notice....any way I think you have confused what was said....the temp of the cold side of a pelt is inverse to the hot side of the pelt and the cooler you can make the hot side the colder the cool side will be. What you are saying is contrary to everything I know about pelts......any way just so you know I was able to get the cold side down to 59F, and it is probably colder as the temp guage I have stops there water temp is right around 19.5C with a chiller with a rated capacity of 250watts @ 8C, I have tested this chiller with a 133watt TEC and a 85watt tec, with the 85watt tec water temps stayed a cool 5C, with 133 they were right around the same, so this seems to indicate to me that the watts being transfered by this puppy are significant...this is of course without any load whatsoever and with the tec and block wrapped in neoprene.

BTW how in the hell did anyone get a delta T of 100c, as this would mean that the cold side was 100C cooler than the hot, and if what you say is correct this would mean that the heat from the hot side was not being transfered to the cold side, something else that seems impossible given my experience with tecs, i.e. the heat from the hot side will tranfer to the cold side unless cooled, and both sides will heat up equally.

Back