• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The beautiful H-Core

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Senater_Cache

Just a quick question.
I looked at both pictures of the respective heatercores being sold at Dtek and DD.
The barbs and the way they have been integrated into the tank look much better and cleaner on the DTek core. The DD model hase some silverish welding residues in the pic, and the left barb seems to be fastened to a somewhat bent tube.

Did anyone owning a DD core receive a product looking similar to the picture??
And do the Dtek core barbs actually look as clean and neat as they are depicted on the site??

I want a nice looking core as it will be in full view so please any input is appreciated.

thanks

I have the DD hc, but that's because I wanted to order at one place. The finish is pretty much "industrial". The just put those barbs in, solder them and that's it. It seems like there is no attention paid to the finish.

Hope that helps.

The unpainted version of Dtek's core have roughly the same look I believe. You can paint it yourself or get Dtek's. Don't paint the fins though. ;)

It seems like from my D-tek JR-120 that they use thread inserts for the barbs. It's very clean looking. I think they used epoxy on the barb threads. I haven't tried to remove them, but it looks like it might be hard if you ever wanted to. It's a nice looking core for the most part. There are a few blobs of solder or something on the core. I think that's from the manufacurer. D-tek didn't bother to remove it before painting. Oh well.:rolleyes:

I use a dtek pro core. I got it unpainted and it looked pretty rough but when painted block it looked pretty sharp. It is a standard heatercore that anyone would use cept Dtek did a nice job with the barbs.

Wow, thread resurrection!

To answer your question they do perform the same for the most part.

Back