• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help with antifreeze particulate!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BlueMan

Im setting up my system and have added 15% green antifreeze. I've been bleeding the system and notice two things:
1. the bubbles are alot smaller than they were without the antifreeze
2. there seems to be THOUSANDS of tiny tiny metal flakes in circulating in my res. They don't sink to the bottom, and I can't imagine it's metal b/c I've flushed the system 3 times before I put the antifreeze in.

I'm very concerned about all these flakes. could they be bubbles? They're not adhering to anything like micro bubbles do, and when I turn the pump off they just float there.

Plus I don't know how I could ever be sure all this stuff is out, it may be lodged somewhere in the HC or something.

I'm verrrryyy distressed about this - I'm afraid the entire system may be contaminated. what do I do??

If it's really concerning you, I'd take it all part and flush the tubing/blocks, take the heatercore out, and flush it out with alcohol.

You're using a heatercore, of course theres going to be metal in it... possibly the antifreeze has effected the surface tension, either allowing more speed, or being more viscous and taking metal off the walls. Take it to bits, blast a hose through the heatercore at a medium pressure (dont go too high, you'll kill it) and then soak it in coke for an hour, then reblast it.

Back