• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project Completed..Well almost

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

snwman

Registered
Well finally got all my parts assembeled, leak tested and up and running now. I have to reinstall windows due to changing a MB so I dont know what temps Im getting now but im sure they are much better than before. Parts listed in my sig is the new setup. Ill take some pictures later, my digi cam is not at home.

Edit: BTW Z chipsets suck! was afraid to crack my NB core so I shortened the springs a little.

ok up and running now. Its running around 31-32C or ~89-90F. Room temp is around 80-82f so I dont think its doing alrite. hows the temps for what Ive got?

The temps You have are respectable...not to much more improvement can be attained with out the addtion of some active cooling devices...best case performance is usually around 4-6 degrees C above ambient air temps. Are those temps idle or full load?

Would really like to see some pictures though.

Good job.

snwman said:
ok up and running now. Its running around 31-32C or ~89-90F. Room temp is around 80-82f so I dont think its doing alrite. hows the temps for what Ive got?
If your chip is really only 3c above room ambient, then you are doing better than OK, I would classify that as spectacular bordering on the miraculous.

Yes the chip is really at those temps. they are at idle only, I will test it with a good load tonight. Im having a small problem overclocking the cpu. When I set the bios to manual windows give me a Blue screen, yet if i do the 5 or 10% OC it runs fine. I must be setting something wrong.

Lock the agp and pci to 33/66. Don't forget to use dividers for the ram (266 = 3:2, 333 = 5:4, 400 = 1:1).

The-Traveler said:
Lock the agp and pci to 33/66. Don't forget to use dividers for the ram (266 = 3:2, 333 = 5:4, 400 = 1:1).

the agp pci was locked at 33/66. Im running corsair xms pc3200 memory, what can I expect from it?

Guderian said:
I know its probably too late.... but no you don't

doh, well I havent deleted the installation I could throw the hd back and on the old mb and do that thanks for the info.

Back