• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finished Modifying my Maze 2 waterblock to fit on my A64 system "PICS"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CandymanCan

Disabled
I couldnt take any pic during the process because my pc was apart but i have some of the finished product.

Since the Dangerden maze 2 waterblock wasnt long enough to reach the 2 mounting holes on the board. I simply took a Light switch socket, and took the metal bracket off, It already had 2 Hole on each end for the bvolts to go through all i simply had to do was drill 2 holes through the waterblock, then use some Liquid Nails Glue hehe, and stick a bolt through one hole then take some more Liquid Nails glue seal the top and bottom, then screw a nut on the bottom of the bolt while the glue is still wet, make sure it was super tight, then use more liquid nails. I did the same for the other hole i drilled on the waterblock. Now that the Bracket was mounted all i had to do was take the 2 plastic bolts i have when i used the Maze 3 block on my AXP system stick both through both mounting holes, screw a nut on the bottom of the board and top to make the bolt secure and tight, smear some AS3 on the cpu pop the block on and put a washer and nut in and walla a modified Maze 2 A64 waterblock.

Supply cost $5, labor time Involvd 2 hours.

Right now my cpu is @ 2430mhz 1.55v (which stck for my mobo) and im idling at 30c, which is 4c cooler then the stock HSF.

AS for load im ganna do prime95 and see how far it goes. The stock HSF went up to 57c

picture_001%5B2%5D.jpg
picture_002%5B1%5D.jpg
picture_003%5B1%5D.jpg

Last edited:
Is that silicon gooped up all over the top of the heatsink? LºL, looks like cookie dough made into a WB. Definately different.....

looks pretty getto/messy....
I'm pretty interested to see the numbers you get.
Too bad I sold my maze 2 recently for $10 :(

Yea i have a horirble webcam from like 4 years ago lol. No it isnt silicon, I used the Liquid Nails stuff that u use for contruction it was all i had, actually it works very good in sealing stuff. Oh and yea it is very messy, i just took some blobs and smeared it all over the bracket i used to make sure it was totally sealed. It does look like Oatmeal doesnt it ?

Ill use the money i had for a waterblock i was ganna buy and get a new Cam cuss this one sucks so much. AS for overclock's i cant seem to reavh 2600mhz anymore it might be because of this new bios i flashed to recently. Im ganna find my old bios on the net since ireformatted and flash back then try to overclock again.

Btw my load temps were only 45c over the 57-58 on the stock cooler @ 2400mhz 1.6v, much better

Back