• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My water cooling questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

covana2244

I have a amd64 system I was wondering what are some good water blocks for my processor?

I also would like to know what are some good heating cores?

Can I get my pump from a pet shop?

Welcome to the Forum !! :beer:

Dtek Whitewater, DangerDen RBX, TDX, Swiftech MCW6000(6002)

Heatercores for beginners are Dtek Procore and DangerDen Heatrecore.

As for Pumps available at Petshops, I have seen Eheims(1048, 1250), Hydors(L20,L30) and Danner Mag2, 3.

Last edited:
thanks for the welcome!
I am on a budget and I was wondering what is the cheapest I could get a DIY system with everything. I want to cool my cpu and my vga for now. I have about 100 dollars right now. I like quiet but it isn't the biggest factor. Oh by the way I plan to make an external case out of either acryllic or an old micro atx case for the heatercore and pump. Is there any complications I will face?

Last edited:
daniel_dynasty said:
good heater cores are chevette, black ice if you got the money and jus regular old cores lol

Even if he had the money there's no good reason in suggesting the black ice line because of how restrictive they are compared to a heatercore. He should stay with heatercores if he can, unless he doesn't have the space.

Back