• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wasn't planning on GPU block, but...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mribnik

I just purchased a 9800 pro from a guy, and it's coming with the stock heatsink but I told him to just put it in separately in case I go for a gpu block.

Saturday is my birthday and I'm getting my entire watercooling kit..

TDX (P4) with brass top and extra nozzles...
Swiftech MCP600 Inline Pump Rev 2
criticool waterplant 6"
pentosin blue antifreeze
clearflex 60
fedco 2-342 heatercore
pc-75 case

With this setup, and the 9800 pro I'm getting, what gpu block is the best?

oops, im not that lucky...I didn't mean to include the pc-75, i already bought that. That's what everything else is going in though. Just need to know what the best gpu block for the setup is! thanks for everything guys!

If i decide I don't need it, it's yours, daniel_dynasty. The guy i bought the card from is upgrading to an XT and can't ship till thursday which means i won't get the card till next week sometime. Then I'll know better what I'm going to do.

OT, but is $155 for a 9800 pro good? that's what I paid. I originally had a deal for $150 with another guy, but then he realized he could return it to best buy and get a full refund. That deal included far cry and when he realized he messed up he said he'd mail me far cry for free. So basically, is far cry and a 9800 pro for $155 a good deal?

he said it was used for 7 months and comes with everything but the retail box. Look him up on heatware and he has all 11 positives. Seems like a good guy. Anyways, it seems that everybody is recommending the maze 4 gpu, so i guess the only question is to decide on the color. Do I get a blue to match the blue antifreeze or black to match the ic7-max3 mobo? Can you only get these at dangerden.com or can they be had cheaper somewhere else?

Can try find them cheaper elsewear, I live in Canada so I try and find someone in Canada to buy it from, with the exchange alone it's cheaper. I'm sure there's someone selling it a little cheaper than DD themselves :)

In regards to color, depends on if you wanna show off the block or not, black blends in a lot better. If you are going to have a bunch of LED fans or UV stuff everywhere, you want the blue or pink.

Last edited:
Some guy somewhere was saying that the Silverprop GPU block was real good. According to the reviews I've read he's right. I'm using a Polarflo and have been able to clock my 9800 Pro in excess of 9800 XT timings with no artifacting at all. I don't use ram sinks but I do have a 120mm fan hosing the card down.

well, the maze 4 blocks are on sale at dd for 39.95, the swifty is 38.95, and the silverprop appears to be in the 60 range (unless it is being sold somewhere other than the company website)

Back