• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Exterior Water Cooling Box

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silver

Senior Citizen (aka old fart)
This is a continuation of the wife ain't gonna like this thread. The fact of the matter is that I rescently purchased some items for which I have not faced the wrathe of my 'True Love'. This box is exterior and will replace the single rad box presently in place. It is intended to cool a 320w tec however I will most likely give my first a64 experience to straight water cooling till we get things figured out. Rads are dual 77 bonneville, sunbeam rheo, dd (?) temp probes, 300w dedicated psu (generic), four 120 x 38 fans with a potential for (but surely won't be realized) 466cfm. Box and pump located behind box are run off a power strip so as to prevent the powering of the computer without the pump running. This is located in the living room and due to its' design should not (as experienced with the present box) disturb tv viewing or wife. I do not worry about my 9, 7 or 3 year olds on this setup. On with the pics.

Attachments

• desk mess.jpg
    desk mess.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 249
What a mess, oh well, keeps me home, away from woman and I don't drink. This allows me some leaway or so I think anyway. New box present state.

Attachments

• box front.jpg
    box front.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 250
Box back. On the front I am mounting the temp and rheo high so that in that seperate compartment I might add another rad dedicated to the gpu should I so choose.

Attachments

• box back.jpg
    box back.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 246
And of course the woman who puts up with me and my ventures, mother of my three boys, married eleven years and yes, she is more important to me than my computer. Sorry guys and I promise no more but she sure does put up with a lot from me. Love ya hon....Maxvla, got a new setup to play with and a new card to burn up (or will as soon as they get here). Best to All.

Attachments

• leti.jpg
    leti.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 245
Beutifull, Im doing something similar in august when I have the money. I cant wait to see it done. =)

Rather cheap too. One single speed ($9.95) Wal-mart drill, one drill, 1" finishing nails, wood glue, one c-clamp, two 2'x3' 1/4" plywood sheets ($4 something each), two 1x2 pine furring strips ($1 something each), one 8' length of 1/2" corner molding. Rads are about $18 each at autozone. Fans and rheo from SVC, psu had sitting in a box, temp probe from directron.

Back