• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Choices on 6800GT blocks?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vedder323

Just wondering what the new 6800 users are gonna use for there blocks. Are there many choices on the market yet?

It's possible that you can use an existing universal block. Are the mounting holes that different from cards that come before? BTW, nice choice of cards.

:attn:

well i don't really know y u would want a waterblock for the 6800gt since most people get a max oc of 410 on the core not dependant on cooling. its most likely due to only one power connector and u need more power to oc higher like the ultra with 2 power connectors.

Busty St. Clair said:
well i don't really know y u would want a waterblock for the 6800gt since most people get a max oc of 410 on the core not dependant on cooling. its most likely due to only one power connector and u need more power to oc higher like the ultra with 2 power connectors.

Then you should really get your facts in order. Most people I have seen have gotten past 410, including myself. The cards run VERY hot, better cooling usually means better overclocking.

could try the swiftech adapter for their MCW50's and also koolance is always compatible, see the bfg OC water'd cards for the picture

yeah, and there's always polarflo, TT series has the 6800 adapters too

_

There are other reasons to watercool. The GT's are VERY hot, and increased my case temp about 3c. There is also the fan noise. All the usual reasons to watercool, overclocking isnt the only thing.

My GT does 430 core on air.

aldamon said:
That's what I tell myself too, but my dual-fan radiator is a tad loud. LOL.

I'll second that :eek: I originally added watercooling to be quiet but them 2x 120mm fans runnin wide open all the time to keep things nice and cool are noisy. I can turn them down as they are on a fan controller but as soon as I start running 3dgames up they go. :clap:

Back