• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water cooling for 95$ too good to be true right?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
simple. cheap. worthless.

the arctic is basically worse than air cooling - stay away from it.

The radiator is smaller than conventional CPU air-cooled heatskinks. (like the Swiftech ones for example)

There is 2 radiators, one that blows all that generesly blows all that hot air pulled from the CPU back into the case, another that blows it out

I agree with greenman. I did pretty much that except I had a bunch of 80mm fans laying around and used those instead and saved a couple more bucks.

greenman100 said:
Maze4: $30
Via 1300: $15
Caprice HC $20
Tubing, clamps, fittings: $15
2 120mm fans: $15
Cardboard for shroud: free

$95, winnar

Or if you want it all from one place quick and easy: Aquastealth 1/2" kit

*Slit Edge P4/AMD WB
*Black & Chrome HeaterCore Radiator With shroud!
*Delta 120mm Ball Bearing Fan with Power connector and fan screws
*Assembled Via Aqua 1/2" pump, 1/2" Fill T
*7 feet of MasterKlear 1/2" Tubing

105$ + shipping.

I believe it used to be 95$ but I guess the extra 10 comes from the included coolworks shroud.

That setup is a good idea for a small and tidy setup. The problem is that it is only usefull if your overclocking a 550mhz celeron.

On watercooling systems, do they have anything that "cools" the water ike a peltier, seams like just air-cooling the water does pretty much the same thing

Back