• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GOD IS WATCHING OVER ME!!!! true story. PLEASE READ NOOBS!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DarkDraco

Yesterday i recieved my Northbridge maze4 block (completing my maze4 family). I couldnt wait to install it. i unplugged the tube from CPU > RES, Hooked up the previous RES end to the NB. Then the other NB fitting to the RES. I had some trouble getting the tubing over the barb so i just clamped it up tighly and let it sit for a bit. I turned the computer on to get on Final Fantasy XI. suddenly my screen turns to a big glitch and i see a big blot of water all over my case windows i fall off my chair to shut off the power to prevent any more damage. the tube was blown off the new block and all over my vid card and the bottom 1/2 of my mobo. i was about to cry and get ready to put all working equip for sale since i was sure alot of stuff died. i talked to some people from OC on AIM and AthlonMan and greenman helped alot. they told me about alcohol bathing everything. so i did and let everything dry under a fan overnight. go up today started cleaning up and putting together the dried parts...
My vid card booted into windows. And my mobo booted into bios. i felt that i have a chance that im lucky. just 30 minutes ago i finished PROPERLY had my father use all his strenth in putting the tubing COMPLETELY to the end of the fitting. (which i have extreme problems being able to do). clamped them harder than ever and here i am with tears of joy that NOTHING happened...

Moral of my story? TAKE YOUR TIME WITH WATERCOOLING!!!! cant get your tube all the way to the end of the fitting? TOUGH LUCK... find a body builder and pay him to do it!!! YOU WONT REGRET IT

Great to hear all your stuff is fine. Can't you just boil the tubing and stretch it over the barbs though? I'm a n00b but I've heard people mention that.

I hear good things about something they call a leak test ;). Glad there was no casualties though.

Soja said:
I hear good things about something they call a leak test ;). Glad there was no casualties though.

Ya, lol.

If I have troubles with sliding a tube over a fitting, I smear some coolant on the inside of the tube and outside of the fitting. The antifreeze has oils in it which really make it easy to get the tube on.

Glad to hear your parts are still operational. :clap:

im using 1/2 ID fittings with 1/2" OD tubing... pretty damn hard with boiled water. but the oil idea sounds great.

i'm glad i do wieght training :) never had a problem with putting tubing on barbs, removing them on the other hand.. i tend to rip off barbs or top off blocks or cracking acrylic.
1/2 OD tubing w/ 1/2 id fittings? theres ur problem right there, lol.
u gotta get 1/2" ID tubing instead of OD.

Well ur lucky but im not suprised they are still working. Iv had some leaks like that and sometimes while using ice i get major condensation on the cpu socket big puddles of water all over my mobo and stuff and it still works, you just have to remember when u see wtaer like that dont freak out. Just flip the switch off. Take everything apart and leat it dry over a fan for 10 hours or so and you should be fine.

Also he might have been using to small of a tube for the barb i mean very small. I use much smaller tubes also, the easy way to get them on is to take some spit and get it on the end inside the tube and it just slides on.

good job! patience is your friend! one time the same thing happened to me except on my video card water block....

I alcohol bathed it and cleaned it all up but I was so impatient i let it sit for a couple of hours and blowdried it!

When I plugged it in my computer worked for a whole 5 min.. then it died :-( patience is your friend, i miss my geforce 2 GTS

Back