• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hydor L30 Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

phaeton

So I bought a supposedly new Hydor L30 pump...

I tested it a week ago just to make sure it works in a sink full of water, no problems there.

Now, I try it again, it doesnt start the first try, it just hums slightly but the impellor does not turn.

I take it out, I notice the plastic plate by the magnet near the end that goes into the pump is loose, I put it back in and it starts. I turn it off, back on and it won't start. I have never dry run this thing, and it starts spinning now 1 in 10 tries, but the rest of the time it just is jammed. Please, I'm at my wits end, what should I do!?

Ok I searched and searched, it seems Maverick and many others had this problem but no one has posted a definite solution to how to fix it :(

ok, now i see that my impellor shaft (the long plastic tube) doesn't slide over the metal spindle smoothly AT all....

Back