• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need instructions on how to flush/clean a system completely

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BlueMan

So I posted a few days ago saying that I'd gotten my system up and running, ran a leak test, did fine, etc. then when I put my antifreeze in I got TONS of metal flakes that were SOOOOO tiny they didn't move in the water when it was still. didn't float or sink, just stayed like it was in jello.

so I need to clean out the system obviously. Someone posted and said that what happened was probably the antifreeze changing the surface tension in the heatercore tubing and stuff broke loose. so how do I clean the entire system? What do I soak in what? Someone mentioned soaking the heatercore in coke...and while I see the point of this (acids to break stuff down), wouldn't sugar deposits be a problem?

Also - I'm a little concerned with using a toxic solution such as antifreeze. I don't want to have to bring my water to a waste treatment facility all the time. Is there a non-toxic, disposable additive that I can use?

Thanks all

res., MCW6002 (P4), MCW50, Fedco 2-342 HC, Mag3.

I was under the impression other solvents besides water should be used. alcohol or vinegar?

Vinegar works well. My D-Tek Pro 120 had a lot of those tiny metal flakes embedded in black flux. I could see all that crap after removing the barbs.

Back