• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DTEK Spiral and WW

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nuclear_Fuzion

I currently have a DTEK Spiral WB on my P4, and I love it. I've been thinking of switching and going for a WW, but I'm wondering if I will gain anything on my temps? Will I see a noticeable difference in my temps? Right now my temps never rise above 40C under load, what can I expect from a WW?

Also, do the spiral and WW block use the same mounting screws? I really don't feel like pulling my mobo out to install another back-plate and screw set, can i use my spiral one with the WW?

You'll see a gain if your pump is strong enough. But already you got very good temps so the result would be that you could down-volt your rad fan a bit (to reduce noise further)

As for the mounting system yes the WW has the 4 holes and they are at the same place.

The WW and Spir@l use the same mounting hardware for AMD. Not sure about a P4 though. I don't know if the Spir@l adaptor plate would fit the WW. I'm about to replace my Spir@l for a WW I got from the classifieds. I'm waiting for a Y splitter. I could tell you the difference I see when I get it together. If you're really interested PM me so I don't forget about this thread.:p

Back