• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a certain brass fitting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AndrusLRoc

Hey guys, I've been looking everywhere around here and even at Mcmaster.com. I can't seem to find a brass or nickel plated brass 3/8" NPT threaded by 1/2" ID tube barbs fitting anywhere. I can find tons of plastic ones, but I really need a brass one, or four. Thanks in advance.

-Andy

There are some online places that have those fittings but you would pay out the nose for shipping. The best thing to do is open up the phone book and call a plumbing supply place in your area. If they don't have it ask them who in town may have them.

Tell them that you want - 3/8" NPT by 1/2" barbed and they will know exactly what you want.

Well, what's odd is, my dad and I run a plumbing business, and I have check 3 local supply houses, and they don't seem to have the exact fitting I need ( I went back and looked in their bins). So if you know of any online sites that would have this type of fitting please share. :) I'd really like to have nickel plated ones, that would look much nicer in my case.

-Andy

going from a larger barb size to a smaller thread fitting is very rare and in japan it is literaly impossible to do as not a single store carries what your asking about. i know cause i went to mre than 20 stores and plumbing outlets and had my wife do web searches and call at least a dozen others and they all said the same thing ( in japanese of coarse)

in the states they should be availible because i have seen them with specialized air compressors and caustic chem control units but i have yet to see one in the water cooling scene so good luck trying to locate one

Nice Vballcoach, I think that's the exact fitting I want. Don't know why I couldn't find it on Mcmasters. Oh well. Time to order a couple packs of em. Thanks a ton!!!

-Andy

Back