• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cloudy tubes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EPirate

after about running my WC system for about 4 months now the tubes have become really cloudy. I got distilled water and antifreeze running in the system, if i would add a drop of bleach would it help clean it up abit. Also the Maze4 is starting to get guncked up abit. Any suggestions?

Masterkleer tubes, also is there anything i can add to change the water color without having to buy a bottle of it online, like food coloring or a marker or seomthing?

It is a residue on the tubes. I had to take a small cloth and tie a string to it and pull through each tube a couple of times. Then I had to boil the tubes in water and they were crystal clear again. One drop of bleach won't clean them. What color are you looking for?

Im not sure, i really dont want to have to pull everything out of my rig again. Its hard to get it set in there right it took me like 2 hours but all well. Maybe a little more then 1 drop of bleach. Im looking to make it light blue to match the LED tubes on the front. Thanks also btw

Go and searh at the procooling forums site for cloudy tubes, i think there was a guy there that suceed by flushing his system with a mixture of some american brand of cleaners, like lysol and pinosol and something else that i do not remember now. We do not have those brands here in sweden so i did not pay that much of atention to it. But if you can get hold of them then read his postings and try it out, you got nothing to loose.

I´ve got a tip from Waterbug concerning making your own UV stuff. He´s using UV pens, not markers and it seems to work great. I will blend my UV coloring today and try it out :)

I´ve read that food coloring will work but it´s sugar in it which can clogg your system...

Bleach is bad if you have aluminum in your system. I don't know how rubber seals/tubing react to it either. My anitfreeze put a film on my tubing. I'm fairly certain it's the lubrication that is in the antifreeze. I say clean it out and try a different additive.

I had the residue problem with my tygon tubes after the first 3 months. read around and found that the best combo, is simply to flush your system (just drain out and replace your water as you go) with a cleaning solution known as "simple green" which you can buy at just about any department or hardware store. After that, rinse using distilled water and fill back up. I used about a 10% mix of distilled h2o with blue VW engine coolant. Not a single bit of residue since, and looks good, sorta a tourquiose colour.
*pics of tubes after 3 months of just distilled water & flushing with simple green*

Attachments

• DSC00097.JPG
    DSC00097.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 92
  • DSC00100.JPG
    DSC00100.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 89
Back