• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TC-4 enuff for a prescott?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ssgohan434

Silicon Valley---> moved to Washington State
Well im going to go the intel route, but want to keep all my water cooling stuff. I read somewhere that if u want to go the prescott route and plan to overclock that you should have water cooling. Will a tc-4 waterblock with an adapter plate be enuff??? How much of a difference will i see in temperature if i went with something like a dtek white water? The TC-4 is the only block in my setup.

ssgohan434 said:
Well im going to go the intel route, but want to keep all my water cooling stuff. I read somewhere that if u want to go the prescott route and plan to overclock that you should have water cooling. Will a tc-4 waterblock with an adapter plate be enuff??? How much of a difference will i see in temperature if i went with something like a dtek white water? The TC-4 is the only block in my setup.

a whitewater would definitely give lower temps than a TC-4...
how much better depends on the rest of the setup.....

depending on the pump you're using you might want to look at a swiftech mcw6002p instead.......

Back