• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

tubing getting sucked together?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FDM

Registered
I just setup my first w/c rig, testing for leaks at the moment.. most of the air seems to be out of it, but, the tubing after my maze4/before the pump inlet is getting sucked together. If I shut the pump off it goes back its normal round state. is this normal at all? Something I need to do to fix it? its 1/2id Tygon, not sure about the wall thickness.

-andy

All I can think of to do is find a plastic spring to fit inside the part that is collapsing... Must be some thin walled tygon.

Whoa, you've either got too much pump, or too little tubing...and I'd vote tubing. Is the wall thickness as thick as a nickel?...too small. You need the 1/8" wall tubing.
Expensive, I know, but that tubing closing is the absolute last thing you want to happen (besides a dinner date with Riki Lake :D).

You could try some coolsleeves plastic coiling to help though, that should do a pretty decent job.

Don't try to run the rig this way until it's fixed. You'll be quite dissappointed with the temps, and the cpu may object.

Yes you are right, its the nickle sized tubing. I will order up some new tubing and give it another go. Thanks for the help.

Back