• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TEC Made Easy?!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeViL_909

Ok guys Frozencpu.com has added this new product to their invitory. See what you all think about it. I think it sounds like a pretty good idea. Its a 360w pelt on that thing. Here are the problems I see so far
1) Anodized alluminum
2) Should have offered it with bigger fittings
3) Dear god it takes some power "The TEC unit can be powered by a stand-alone 24volt - 25amp 600watt power supply or by connecting two Meanwell S-320-12 power supplies in series"

Anyone else care to comment?

anodized aluminum seems fine as long as you take proper precautions...

yes, 1/2" ID at that kind of flow would be much better

and holy fsk, 600W? jesus remind me to jack my hydro meter

An anodized aluminum top isn't a big deal. D-tek and Swiftech use anodized aluminum for the tops of their blocks. Just add a bit of antifreeze. It says 1/2 or 3/8 fittings. 1/2 is standard. Big enough. The price is ridiculous ($199:eek: ). Plus two Meanwells aren't cheap either. I say it's a waste. Might as well get a prommy.

yep price (all together) is comparible to a prommy.
besides that, think of ur electric bill..
1/2" fitting for 3/8" fittings wouldn't really make a difference with that block.. two intakes and two outakes. Besides that, peltier type blocks are usually not restrictive, cuz they don't need to be.
With the swifttech TEC block for about half the price of this thing, i really see why its so expensive. Making something custom shouldn't be to hard or expensive as this.

Back