• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ozarka Water Foutain

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

banzdaman

Registered
At my work they have those Ozarka water foutains in every room. Those things where you put a big jug of water on top and press the blue lever for cold water to come out. Now I am not sure what it uses for cooling the water, but it does plug into an outlet, and there a few broken ones (just have small leaks) I could probably bring home if I asked nicely. Do you think I could somehow use that or parts of that for making my own chilled water cooling system? Does anybody know anything about them?

They have been discussed many times, they arent powerful enough, not even close.

Jon

Yet there was that guy who got the chiller from a drinking fountain (the kind where you lean over and suck in water) and that worked extremely well.

And with the option to use multiple units it might all add up to a usable amount of cooling capabilities...
B!

drinking fountains are different than these things, and yes, multiple could have some effect but how efficient and huge will it be? is it worth the troubles?

Jon

Yeah, Why not give it a try if you can pick it up for nothing or next to.

If you aren't already water cooling, Just buy everything that you will use in a regular WC setup and give a try.

If it isn't helpful, Just go to regular WC.

It wouldn't hurt to try.

I would like to see the size of the coolers inside, because say you just have a separate loop, small pump to keep taking water in/out of your res putting cold water in, that way the water can cool over time... I'd like to see whats inside of that sucker, get one if you can!

JFettig said:
They have been discussed many times, they arent powerful enough, not even close.

Jon

Yeah, but Free is Free!

And if it gets banzdaman into water cooling, so much the better!

Grab one if you can, banzdaman. Remember, experimentation is the hallmark of our obsession. Heck, if I had a chance to grab one, I'd do it in a hearbeat, make a res out of it and start benching!

**Edited because I'm in too much of a hurry to scroll to the top of the thread and see who started it...

Last edited:
hey im not the starter of the thread... but i just booted up my new wC'ed rig...

o....m....g.

Back