• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Brass

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Taylon

I'm currently in the process of getting all my parts together. already have my Rad(DTek Pro 120). Just ordered my CPU block(MCW6002). Got my hoses on the way as well(Clearflex). Currently looking for a res. Now then I know I'm not suppose to mix aluminum with the copper but what about brass?

I saw one res over at Sidewinder that has brass connectors and was curious about that. Looked at some of the bay res's out there but I don't know about those. May just have to break down and make my own.

Anyway I thought I would ask the pros since I can't seem to find exactly what I'm looking for using the search feature.

Thanks.

Brass seems to be fine when mixed with copper. Danger Den uses brass tops on their copper based blocks. A brass res shouldn't cause any corrosion problems.

So you're wanting to make your own brass res? Soldering would probably be the best way to secure it together. Just leak test DIY stuff for a couple of days.

Thanks for the info.

No I don't think I'd be making my own brass res. I was looking at a res over at Sidewinder that used brass fittings. I was looking at getting that but if the brass was going to be a bad mix then I would look at making my own res...minus the brass ;)

This will be my first go around with a water-cooling system so I'm taking it in stride. Read up a lot and decided what parts I wanted based on many threads, reviews, and the stickies here and there.

Anyway thanks again :)

I'm using my own custom res and I use Mono Ultra to seal around the brass barbs... but it seems to be corroding with the brass!? (The mono ultra is getting the colour of CuSO4 :/

Back