• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need mounting holes for Water cooling?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ClarkKent

Does my motherboard require mounting holes around the chip to get a CPU water block? My board doesn't have any but I really want to do water cooling. Are there any water blocks that will clip on like a regular heatsink? any help would be great.

Thats the reason I bought a Maze 4 ,great WB IMO. I'm sure there are better that use the MB holes for mounting but the bracket dangerden sent me as as simlpe as lego's to use and works well enough for me.

Sorry What are you saying. Are there water blocks available that don't require mounting holes? My motherboard doesn't have any holes around the cpu so I was wondering if there were brackets.

most all waterblocks are designed to be bolted to the MB through the holes, but some companies, such as dangerden, offer what's called a "Socket Hold Down" which clamps around the waterblock and then into the cpu socket's standard heatsink hold points

edit-
it's the third item down on this page-
http://dangerden.com/mall/blocks/maze4.asp

Thanx man. Will I be limited to what waterblocks I can put the "socket hold down" on or will I be able to purchase it with any water block?

or you can make your own block with clips like this...
wb2.jpg

Back