• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New watercooled rig inside(56k Warning)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stryder2720

100_0792.jpg

100_0789.jpg

100_0795.jpg

2x DD 80mm rads
3/8ID tubing
maze 4
D-tek/C systems pump..AWSOME!!! Dead silent I cant even hear it with my ear 3in away from it.
Typhoon dual 3.5in floppy bay res.
Rit Whitener and Brightener for the UV action.
2800+ Barton at 2.413gigs idle 38c and load is 42c.

Looks nice... Does that res have 3 barbs?

Have you thought about trying this route?
pump -> rads in parallel -> wb -> res -> pump
I think that's the recommended order from the stickies...

Temps are posted above. Yea the res has 2 barbs in and 1 out and it works AWSOME!!
Redviper:Yep TT Smart Fan II's :)

threeputt said:
Have you thought about trying this route?
pump -> rads in parallel -> wb -> res -> pump
I think that's the recommended order from the stickies...

I think the reasoning behind this loop configuration is to get the coolest possible water to your first block, assuming your pump adds heat. If you have a pump that doesn't use the coolant to cool itself there's no issue.

I might change it when I clean my system out in a few months but as of now it's working better than I expected. I appreciate the feedback and I'll keep that route in mind.

so 3/8" tubing over 1/2" barbs???? same thing i have and i have no fear of leaks. Its impossible to get the tubing off without cutting them now. Hehe, that reminds me, its been about 1 year since i setup up the watercooling. Should be flushing everything out soon.

The pump runs a tad on the warm side but nothing close to the maxi-jet i use to have..You could start a fire with that thing :eek:

stryder2720 said:
The pump runs a tad on the warm side but nothing close to the maxi-jet i use to have..You could start a fire with that thing :eek:

Would be perfect if you wanted a new pc :D Let your old pc fire up untill theres nothing left of it :D

should go parallel for the radiators rather than series, helps flow marginally

i think thats what threeputt was trying to get at, not which way the pump goes and before or after the radiators or resevoir or what have ya

rads go parallel

_

Im soo jealous! you got your pump already!

The setup looks good man. Have you considered running those radiators in parallel? should increase flow and possibly help temps a little bit, not totallys ure, Im sure its running just great for you now.

Jon

oh, its actually that the coolant moves slower through the radiators giving it more time to cool, and it causes less restriction.

I supose I shoudl have explained that, asuming people knew what I was talking about:p

Jon

no, as in both the radiators have *resistence*

so, by running the radiators in parallel, the coolant/loop has less resistence, and therefore more flow

and more flow when all else is the same should give you better temperatures; e.g. same surface area, same temp delta, same pressure

and therefore less pressure loss and therefore more flow

_

Back