• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

o...m....g.... just finished installing WC !!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

phaeton

Ok, this is nuts...

I just finished installing my wc rig, hydor l30, swiftech mcw5000-p, chevette HC w/ 4x 80mm fans and a custom shroud, reservoir is now a 1 l masterchoice tonic water bottle (sorry, the canada dry can was too small)

on air cooling my p4 [email protected] was 38oC idle, 55oC load....

wc.... 29oC idle.... 36oC load.... holy fsk.

its SILENT baby... my ears cant believe themselves... before it was a howler that i couldnt sleep at night... now its OH SO NICE!

now im at 39oC load, 33oC idle because i went to 250 fsb (1ghz bus speed :D) so im sitting at 3.25ghz, i dont think i can go any higher, but i know its not the cooling restricting my oc'ing efforts

Last edited:
$95C. Which store did you buy from? or did you purchase online? Could I get a list of the parts. I'm new to water. Thanks for the help.

Well I got the pump (Hydor L30) and block (Swiftech MCW5000-P) from a guy selling em on some forums...

I built an enclosure myself out of wood (I'll post some pics tomorrow of everything, its not pretty but itll do)

The heatercore is a 86' chevette which I ripped out of a chevette myself at a scrap yard (10$)...

I don't have dual 80s on either side, I have 4x 80's sucking through one side, one because I had em, 2 because they perform good, 3 because they are silent when all hooked up to the same 12v molex :) i built a shroud myself, and got some 1/2" barbs with 3/8" threads and made my own reservoir..

Back