• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best bang for your buck WC Kit?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Adaman

I've needed water cooling for a long time, but i don't think i could put it all together myself. I'm looking for a kit so i don't have to worry if the parts are hooked up right and all that, heh. I don't need a case, just a kit. Anyone know of a good one for under $160? Would like the kit to include everything, wanna cool my vid card too.

So does that mean there are no good bang for your buck kits? :-/

There's so many parts to buy that individually it's confusing, was hoping i could get everything i need in one package. Or at least a single site i can order everything i need from, and just a single shipping charge or better yet not pay for shipping at all, because shipping often kills the deal.

Last edited:
Pump
Radiator
Tubing
Block
GPU block
Fans
Modding supplies

-Res is a waste, use a T-line. I have both, t-line is easiest (and cheaper).

Pump, rad, tubing, and block can be had at www.dtekcustoms.com

Personally, I use the whitewater block, the pro core, and the Viaaqua 1300. The pump is a perfect item once you mod it.

The GPU block of choice (me again) is the fusionHL. But it's hard to come by. Try www.bestpcmods.com . If you want cheap and lowest possible maintenance, try staying away from anodized parts. I know I know, the aluminum is "protected" and all that jazz, but if there is one miniscule scratch or imperfection, you'll be gutting your system continuously.

Fans - I have the best BEST luck with NMB fans on a rheostat, but that's just me. They can haul *** when you want, and they can run low voltage too. Some of the guys here will have other fans of choice to mention I'm sure. This is jusy MY experiences with watercooling :).

Mod supplies - GYOD. Get your own dremel :D

EDIT: I guess it's no fun if you don't see results of all the hard work. Load temp is ~44C (I'm in Texas for crying out loud), and idle, well, I don't idle. I use F@H 24/7. 37C maybe? Who knows. If it's not overclocked, the load temp is lower than 37C :D

Adaman said:
So does that mean there are no good bang for your buck kits? :-/

There's so many parts to buy that individually it's confusing, was hoping i could get everything i need in one package. Or at least a single site i can order everything i need from, and just a single shipping charge or better yet not pay for shipping at all, because shipping often kills the deal.

Take your pick:

www.dangerden.com
www.dtekcustoms.com
www.cooltechnica.com
www.aquastealth.com

All these sites have some type of customizable kit. There are tons of other sites so look around.

lol, after reading the title, i made a bet with myself that someone was going to say dont buy a kit, make your own... i won 20$ from myselfs ^^

Well it's what we do! Just like our computers, we don't buy a motherboard, memory and cpu in a package, we buy them seperate to get the best value, and to fit our needs!

To start off, just worry about the main components: pump, rad, and blocks. The other stuff is just accessories. Research your budget, what you want to cool, and what will work. Usually you can find 1-2 suppliers to buy everything from, with some other stuff coming from lowes/home depot.

Soja said:
Take your pick:

www.dangerden.com
www.dtekcustoms.com
www.cooltechnica.com
www.aquastealth.com

All these sites have some type of customizable kit. There are tons of other sites so look around.

Which of those sites have free shipping?

The accessories are the most confusing, what size hoses and clamps to get, water wetter, anti algae stuff, yadda yadda. It's just be nice to get all of that in a kit, guess there aren't any good kits around though. I'm not even sure if i have enough room for WCing actually.

I doubt you will see free shipping from ANY watercooling site. It really sounds like you have no idea what you are getting yourself into so I recommend looking into the sticky section first.

Remember, "bang for buck", is really another way of saying "performance and quality trade-off for money". Go down the quality-cutting road at your own peril as it's typically a path of false economy.

Adaman said:

The accessories are the most confusing, what size hoses and clamps to get, water wetter, anti algae stuff, yadda yadda. It's just be nice to get all of that in a kit, guess there aren't any good kits around though. I'm not even sure if i have enough room for WCing actually.

All that stuff is basic watercooling knowledge that you should know before jumping into watercooling. You do want peace of mind once it's up and running don't you?

It's just not my kinda thing, i don't understand a lot of it, or how to install it, and i never will. But I do need it. I got someone who will probably install it all for me, just need the right parts to buy. If someone could show me a single site where i can buy everything I need that'd be great, thanks.

Adaman said:

Do yourself a favor and learn those yadda yadda stuff. We don't want to see you in here in a month complaining that something leaked and your system's flooding ;)

Seriously, I see way too many people who go out and buy the supplies first, then come back here to ask how to install, what goes where, etc. Everyone should learn(read) first and then understand what they're doing before jumping ahead.

Happy reading :). It's a pain, but in no time you'll be answering these same questions to a newbie :)

jlin453 said:
Do yourself a favor and learn those yadda yadda stuff. We don't want to see you in here in a month complaining that something leaked and your system's flooding ;)

Seriously, I see way too many people who go out and buy the supplies first, then come back here to ask how to install, what goes where, etc. Everyone should learn(read) first and then understand what they're doing before jumping ahead.

Happy reading :). It's a pain, but in no time you'll be answering these same questions to a newbie :)

Yeah. There are fairly idiot-proof stuff out there (I've got one. :D ). They aren't the best bang for the buck as far as pure cooling performance goes. If you want best bang for the buck for pure cooling performance, read how to put one together here and put one together.

And trust me, there's nothing complicated about watercooling (unless you want to make your own waterblock.. ;) ). All you have to do is spend the time to read everything and do a lot of searches. I remember staying up till early mornings reading on this forum....Don't ask me how my grades were at the time :(

Back