• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Prometeia Mach 1 w/ IC7 Max3 problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rogue3092

Hey guys,
I just got a Prommy Mach1 and it's working great, but the problem is that the "reset" signal being sent to the motherboard doesn't seem to holding it in idle, so therefore it boots immeaditely after pressing the power button. This is problematic because the CPU temperature shoots up pretty quickly and there is not enough time for the compressor to fully initialize in order to cool it. Are there any work arounds to this problem? Currently I am forced to short circuit the Prommy into turning on w/out the PC and then turning the PC on with it.

Also, are these temps about right?
2.8c @ 3.7 w/ 1.725v
-13 idle // 4 load (Celsius)

Last edited:
thats the problem with the Mach I and Intel Boards, i use a separate psu to power on the prommie and once its reached its lowest temp i quickly unplug it from the psu and connect it to my pc and boot up.

why would you unplugg it from a seperate psu and plug it back into another...just leave it there...it will work regardless......and having a seprate psu does solve the problem of reset buttom....

chiyau said:
thats the problem with the Mach I and Intel Boards, i use a separate psu to power on the prommie and once its reached its lowest temp i quickly unplug it from the psu and connect it to my pc and boot up.
yeah actually you may not want to do it that way. not only should you wait a bit before restarting the compressor once it shuts down but if your going to -45 or whatever it goes to then booting your chances of condensation within the cell are pretty high.
i boot when my lcd reaches zero, why wouldnt you just use a power pack to run the promey?

Back