• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MD-30RZT and 2-342 Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Moony349

I aquired a MD-30RZT for cheap, and I purchased a 2-342 that I will be running in an external case with 4 Panaflo m1A's in push/pull. My question is, with such a powerful pump, will I need another radiator to compensate for the pump's heat...or will the flowrate still benefit me. I'll most likely be using a TDX block and Maze4GPU, or whichever block performs best when I finish this project.

First if you are running in an external case for the H20 system, you want to have the box as close to airtight as possible and have all the fans EXHAUSTING out of the box. When you have your rad mounted in the side of the box, this will force cool air to be drawn through the rad. No shrouds necessary. I believe a second rad would benefit you a great deal actually. Run those puppies in series (or parallel) and you should have great results.

definately if you are doing a seperate box since space limits are sorta removed. i would definately go in series with the 2-342 because they are single pass . another thing to try ( thoough i havent tried it with small fans yet only a large scale room) is do what nik said but if running 2 in series you have 4 fans for exhaust.
try making the intake fan at the bottom of the box so it draws air in from the lowest point and and use 6-8 fans for intake to increase internal preasure.

by making your own box you have the ability to reduce noise a little if you are willing to make the box a little laarger. you can actualy reduce the intake fans to 7 volt with that many also . by using stilted legs and recessing the intakes upwards a little so that there is a semi skirt at the bottom you can direct some of the sound and make it less loud. then you just need a good acuostic solution for the exhaust fans which if you aim backwards so the sound is projected behind the case that helps also. and the inside of the box can be lined with carpeting ( 2 layers of long shag)

you could even just leave the bottom totally open too

Back