• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Probably been asked a million times

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It's been pretty well agreed upon that the best is the Cascade, but you can't buy it anymore, so the second is the WhiteWater, which you can buy. Third is RBX.

well I am a total noob at this, what fittings would I need I bought the asetek waterchill kit because it was easy to use. What would you suggest? And is there a sticky that explains how to attach the fittings?

yes I bought the asetek kit. Replacing the rad, pump and block. Because my temps are pathetic. The pump was only 185GPH, and the Rad is sub par. And the block is second to last on the oc list.

dtek whitewater, ppl think that the 3barb design is really bad and annoying, but its not bad at all

Why is everyone still saying that the WW and the RBX are the best blocks short of the cascade? The MCW6002 has been shown to perform better than both the WW and the RBX. I can't find that test atm, can anyone link to it?

I didn't buy an MCX6000 because it uses 3/8" barbs, which don't fit anywhere in my 1/2" system. If I wanted a 3/8" barbed block, I would have bought a 170gph pump and a half-sized radiator :p

real problem with that question is that there is no standard way water blocks are tested, and so reviews from on place are not the same from another. I have seen many different blocks (standard production blocks everyone knows which block is really the best but no one can get it just not enough to go around :( o and they cost alot) given the status of "best" then look at the review on the next site and its been beat. So many thing would effect the preformance that chances are just swapping out one of the top rated water blocks would have little to no effect on a good system (IMHO).
You would be happy with the following (probably)
MCX6002 (i think i will get this one also i like the all copper construction)
Dek WW (you can get poly top, AL top, or CU top)
DD rbx
Polarflo tt looks like it mite be good also but can not find any 3rd party info on it yet.
And all this depends on what pump you have. Got one with high head then any would be good, if not look for a block with lower head loss.

greenman100 said:
from http://www.procooling.com/reviews/html/swiftech_mcw6000-a_review_-_5_.php

"For users with 3/8" ID tubing or multiple waterblocks, the MCW6000 is highly recommended. "

also, show me a single point on that graph where the WW is better than the 6000.

since the OP wants to use 3/8" i'd say the 6000 is a no-brainer for him.....

re 6000 (or indeed 6002) vs the WW (or others), you need to read the graph bearing the swiftech's higher restriction in mind - then it is clear that with a very powerful pump the WW beats the swiftech (just....) i reckon you'd be into iwaki/overvolted d4 territory though.

The Swiftech6002 looks to be one of the best out right now as well. To tell you the truth all the top dogs are so close it is hard to tell between the WW, RBX, TDX and the Swiftech 6002. They are all very very close.

Back