• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hyperballad.. sign with me..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Trigger_Hippie

Registered
hyperballad.. sing with me..

Oh so quiet.....
OK. now I have you attension (they all thinking WTF is this guy on!)

Well maybe not quiet but silence......
anyway.. Before you say it, Iv read the stickys n stuff but quietness is always a subjective thing.. and what someone else calls quiet I might not, hence my question here.

Im thinking about going WC as my PC creates too much noise for me, Im currently running
SP97 + Enermax 92mm @ about 30Db(a).... Eeek
Enermax 120mm intake @ about 30Db(a)... Eeek
and 2 VERY (<22Db(a)) quiet exhaust fans (1 in the Fortron PSU)

I plan on using 1x 120mm rad with 2 V quiet fans with shrouds, CPU block and GPU block, I will prob' use 1/2" fittings as cooling Performance is a consideration but all are secondary to the requirement for silence.

So the next most noisy item will be the water pump.. now what are the quietest pumps out there.. maybe I should ask... Are they any SILENT pumps out there? as quiet might not be quiet enough.
What blocks I buy will be dictated by what pump Im recomended, as Iv read some blocks like more LPM (or GPH) than others and others need lots of head to account for the resistance to water flow etc etc.. but current fav is the MCW6002 as it appears to perform well accross the flow rate range.

ta all.

Last edited:
I have used a few pumps and fin the EHIME's are the quietest but also more $ and typically larger than the others of the same flow. Another 2 option would be 1) run the pump submerged in a res 2) use a brake out box; a remote box that houses the Rad(s), Pump(s), and fan(s). The MCW6002 "should" do good but where just released on the 9th but the MCW6000's are keeping a good pace and the only difference is the fitting size (I have 2 on the way).

IMO most popular aquarium pumps are always quieter than the quietest 120mm. Most of the noise from my pumps came from vibration.

ok.. so 1 vote for Eheims...
I was looking at the 1048 as a partner to the MCW-5xxx or the 1250 to partner the DD-RBX
Hydor anyone??? L35's are getting alot of attension.. anyone actually got a L35 and can tell me how silent it is...

what suggestions do you guys have to elminate the vibration noise? any good anti vibration products that could be used under the res?`

those cheap clothy mouse pads work very well for cutting down vibrations and absorbing noise.

Back