• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good component choices, any advice?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dolph

Hey,
I've been reading into watercooling options lately and have been thinking about buying my own setup but, I am still a bit of a noob when it comes down to it so I have a few questions:

1) It seems there is a clearly superior radiator, the Black Ice Pro II Dual 120mm is this a safe assumption? Also what if a wanted to go with the micro dual 80mm version, would there a be a significant performance drop? What about compared to the single 120mm?

2) I can't seem to find the absolute best p4 478 cpu cooler so, what are your guys top 3 recomendations (in best to next performance order)? I'm thinking between:
PolarFlo 1/2" Black TT Series CPU Water Block
Hydrocool Hydro-Stream Waterblock
Danger Den RBX/TDX 1/2"

Any others I should consider?

3) For now I only plan on cooling my cpu and I have been seeing these waterchilling pumps like the WaterChill Hydor L30 320GPH Pump. Are these any good or shpuld I just stick with something like the Eheim 1046 Centrifugal 12V Water Pump? I will prolly end up going with Swiftech mcp600.

Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Dolph

Back