• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question for Extreme Cooling Guys/Girls

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dragonhunter

My PC:

Abit IC7 Max 3
P4 3.4ghz @ 226fsb running @1.70 Vcore
Cosair 3200xl Pro running 1:1 w/ 2-3-3-5 timming
idle 29c load <42c according to Probe, MBM5 idle 45c, load 56c
Koolance Exos Watercool
ATI 9800 Pro
Creative Audigy ZS
2x74g Raptor in Raid 0
550w Antec True Controll PSU

With my current set up can run Prime95 for >3 hours, anything higher than that it hang.
I already try to up the vcore but doesn't help, I think the cpu is max out.

My question is:
If I buy a Vapochill Lightspeed, can my cpu be able to hit over 4.1ghz? I will deal w/ my Ram later.
If yes or no pls explain because I am still very new @ this.

Thank in advance

Last edited:
wow sweet rig, it should hit 4.1 but there is never a guarantee. im pretty sure a 3.2 would hit it easy enough.

A Vapochill will alow you to use more voltage, and the low temperature will lower the resistance of the chip allowing it to work faster. There are no guarantees, but you should be able to do over 4.

Is your ram holding you back, right now?

Have you tried Prime with a lower mem setting?

I am very sure it's my CPU that holding me back. I can boot to window <230fsb. Any higher blue screen just when it got to window.
I had try 5:4 but no help.

Man i would say go for it on the vapochill, but you will definently need to upgrade ram at same time, 3200 unless it is some super extreme edition wont do over 230 in 1:1, you really should go for ddr 4000 or extreme 3700, then you will hit 4.1 no worries, i personally dont think even with a vapo you will be able to go much further with the 3200

You say your computer hangs, go to the windows control panel, click administrative tools, then event viewer.

Have a look at the error alerts, search on google what they mean, most of the time you will find they are memory related.

Plus if its a 3.4c and your only running @ 3.4, its not your chip causing the prob, cooling or not, (what cooling r u using btw) SO

UPGRADE YOUR RAM, and you will be able to turn down the vcore aswell, because 1.7 volts aint healthy for a northwood!!, infact it can be dangerous.

Do both forkout the money and you will be happy.

How much is your Vapo costing you???

Back