• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pump died, need a new one. Anyone have a D4 he can comment on?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Graystar

My March 893-04 finally died about 6000 hrs past its 3000 hr life span. Well, that's what happens with brushed motors. Anyways, I'm eyeing a D4 to replace it. I'm concern about noise though...hear different things. Anyone have any first-hand experience? Also, anyone ever run a D4 at 7 volts? That's probably what I'll end up doing. Thanks!

I think you'd be better off with the MCP600 at 12v, and from what i hear, they are pretty quiet, quieter than the D4.

nikhsub1 said:
I think you'd be better off with the MCP600 at 12v
I'll consider it. Is noise the only reason you think I'd be better off or are there some other qualities to note?

why don't you like the CSP systems pump from dtekcustoms? they're at least as good as the swiftech, not that the swiftech is bad in any way, but they're not known to be the most reliable things either, with an improved impellor/bearing design, they should do better, but they have been known to just simply die with no explanation or causes

p.s. you need the series pump set from csp, not the single pump for max flow, etc

Attachments

• image14big.jpg
    image14big.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 102
http://www.systemcooling.com/cs_pump-01.html

should beat the swiftech at similar noise levels from user feedback posted here;

the DD D4 pump **IS** a bit louder, as its got a "whine" to its pitch at full blast, expect the thing to pull ~30-35db at max

but expect the swiftech to pull no less than ~30db, but with a less annoying pitch; so depending on your noise preference, and also how much voltage you're going to run the thing off of, the things are quite similar

expect the csp-systems pump, which is quiet, but you'll need two of them to match the D4;

similar price though

_

fafnir said:
expect the csp-systems pump, which is quiet, but you'll need two of them to match the D4;

similar price though
Those CSP-Systems pumps are nice but I don't have room. One is small, but two + loop of tubing is as big or bigger than other pumps and I have a tight space.

I've heard of problems with the Swiftech which is why I previously wasn't considering it. I know Swiftech addressed some problems...have there been issues since then?

These three options cost about the same, and I know Laing pumps are top quality. They make the legendary Velocity T2 pump and that pump is completely silent.

fafnir said:
http://www.systemcooling.com/cs_pump-01.html

should beat the swiftech at similar noise levels from user feedback posted here;
Should, but I don't think it will. If you look here: http://www.systemcooling.com/cs_pump-05.html you will note that 2 of the Csystems in series OR Parallel through his loop get spanked by a 1250... and the MCP600 pushes more than the 1250. My original post meant to convey that the MCP600 at 12v would be a better choice IMO than the D4 at 7v.

At 7v I am sure that the D4 will be as quiet or quieter than the MCP600. I do thibk if you ask about anyone who has a rev2 MCP600 that they will say it is a great little pump and most will say quiet. When I 1st connected mine to leak test I powered it with a AT PS I had and it was comletely inaudible I had to touch it to make sure it was running.
If I had the room tho I would have the D4 tho just for the extra performance since its quiet enopugh for me, and would maybe run it at 14~16v or more depending on noise. But the diameter of the housing is too big to fit in my system with my pci slots being used. And I see that voyermods has the D4 for $69 which is cheaper than I can find for the MCP600 anywhere. I would suggest the D4 and run it at 12v and if too noisey lower the voltage then.

Back