• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

interactive waterblock comparator

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
great start!!

the next page needs to be the "pump vs. WB" so you can estimate the flow your going to see with given pump/WB combo. then add Rad & tube restriction estimates and we have a loop simulator :) (that would help A LOT with all the "will this pump be better than..." or... "do i need to upgrade my WB or pump" type of questions.)

Joe Camel said:
great start!!

the next page needs to be the "pump vs. WB" so you can estimate the flow your going to see with given pump/WB combo. then add Rad & tube restriction estimates and we have a loop simulator :) (that would help A LOT with all the "will this pump be better than..." or... "do i need to upgrade my WB or pump" type of questions.)

:eek: That would help a lot with overall WC adoption as many people have set up systems with unmatched components and are forever after vocal WC detractors.

Baby steps.... A lot of test data required to build any sort of simulator. ~7 months of effort tied into the graph Bill posted (and now the setup changes completely and I start over).

Hmmm. Looks good, but doesn't seem to work on my linux machine using Firefox...
I'll have to try it out on one of the Windows machines.....

Edit- works great in IE. :)

Very nice job, guys- once again. :)

Sorry about the erroneous post folks-
I just tried on another linux box with Firefox and the graph loaded up fine.

Kinda weird: the first linux box I tried it on is my main rig and never gives me any trouble with any website stuff not loading.....until now that is. ;)

My mistake. :)

*Edit- As far as blaming linux...blame it on my rank instead. :D

I can't see any reason (other than javascript being turned off maybe?) for it to render differently on firefox in Linux. I'll check out my Mandrake box today; it's running an old mozilla version atm I believe.

pHaestus said:
Baby steps.... A lot of test data required to build any sort of simulator. ~7 months of effort tied into the graph Bill posted (and now the setup changes completely and I start over).

please dont think i was putting what you have done down...this is an awsome project!!

who's data is being used? Bill's, yours?...Cathar seems to have a lot of graphs posted, is his data a source of input?

pHaestus said:
I can't see any reason (other than javascript being turned off maybe?) for it to render differently on firefox in Linux. I'll check out my Mandrake box today; it's running an old mozilla version atm I believe.

Hmmm: I just checked my other machines- the only one the comparator does NOT work on is this one.

There is no doubt in my mind that the problem is caused by something I messed up. ;)
As with all things, I constantly tweak, test and screw up various things messing about. :D

All the data being graphed is mine. No offense was taken; it IS the logical conclusion to the testing

awesome, just awesome work!

thanks for graph, i knew the results individually from the respective reviews, but seeing them all together is really just something else.

what i'm wondering though is if any of you know where my dtek tc4 rev. 2 would stack up at around 1 gpm. i have scowered high and low and could only find one site that said the block compares to the spir@l within .5 of a degree. so if any of the teseters out there can give me a rough estimate of the c/w in relation to the test conditions used for that graph i would be very. very thankful.

i know it would be next to impossible to determine that, but a *rough* estimate is all i need.

i was thinking about a new block and i guess i would see a 4 -5 c. improvement, perhaps more, would just like and opinion based on the experience you gurus of h2o has acquired after years of testing/tweaking.

details are in my sig, and thanks again for the wonderful work you guys put into the passion i now share also. (well using, not really reviewing)

:clap:

oc613 said:
awesome, just awesome work!

thanks for graph, i knew the results individually from the respective reviews, but seeing them all together is really just something else.

what i'm wondering though is if any of you know where my dtek tc4 rev. 2 would stack up at around 1 gpm. i have scowered high and low and could only find one site that said the block compares to the spir@l within .5 of a degree. so if any of the teseters out there can give me a rough estimate of the c/w in relation to the test conditions used for that graph i would be very. very thankful.

i know it would be next to impossible to determine that, but a *rough* estimate is all i need.

i was thinking about a new block and i guess i would see a 4 -5 c. improvement, perhaps more, would just like and opinion based on the experience you gurus of h2o has acquired after years of testing/tweaking.

details are in my sig, and thanks again for the wonderful work you guys put into the passion i now share also. (well using, not really reviewing)

:clap:

I'd put the TC-4 rev2 about 4-6 C hotter than a Dtek WW.

Not sure though.

Back