• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fedco 2-342 heatercore fans (4 or 2)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mribnik

In another thread, not specific to this heatercore, it was recommended to me that I need 4 fans in a push/pull setup in order to cool with this heatercore because it is so restrictive. Well, that makes sense, but I wanted to see what everybody else thinks. I talked to Jim Hansen from coolcases.com and he told me he thought 4 would be overkill, but then again I'm not sure how involved he is with watercooling. He is a "cooling" expert I would say though. What do you guys think?

Also, I highly recommend coolcases.com. Haven't purchased anything from them, but the reviews are great, and this guy always emails you very quickly. Also, he won't just reply, he'll reply with as much information as you could possibly need.

Four is good for a push/pull, but 2 will suffice. I'm using 2 to pull air through my 2-342 and it's working perfectly. I'm also using 38mm thick 120mm fans, so I don't have room to have a push/pull setup.

mribnik said:
In another thread, not specific to this heatercore, it was recommended to me that I need 4 fans in a push/pull setup in order to cool with this heatercore because it is so restrictive. Well, that makes sense, but I wanted to see what everybody else thinks. I talked to Jim Hansen from coolcases.com and he told me he thought 4 would be overkill, but then again I'm not sure how involved he is with watercooling. He is a "cooling" expert I would say though. What do you guys think?

Also, I highly recommend coolcases.com. Haven't purchased anything from them, but the reviews are great, and this guy always emails you very quickly. Also, he won't just reply, he'll reply with as much information as you could possibly need.

I've tried all the different config with 4 fans to 2 with that hc and 2 push/1pull gave me the best temps. 4 fans didn't make any temp difference but just added more noise.

Will more info about my setup help? Or would it be best to just check and see?
I have a pc-75 and the heatercore will go on the top. With a decent sized shroud that only leaves room for 2 fans pulling, cause the push fans would have to go where the power supply goes. I think I'll just go with 2 pulling fans above the heatercore and see how my temps look. Thanks.

Back